|Also Known As||Flodderduivel, Flodderduûvel, Watervlodder|
|City|| Hoeven, Kruisland, Lindenburg, Rucphen, Sint Willebrord, Steenbergen
|Natural Habitat||Polders, Water, Soggy Pastures|
Lindenburg was a favorite location of the Flodder because of other haunting activities that were said to plague the area. Locals claimed there was a black cat with red glowing eyes that would answer a farmer's playful question "Poeske, poeske, wa'doe'ge daor?", inquiring about what it was doing in the bushes. The cat would answer him "Niemendalle, niemendalle", Nothing, nothing. Locals also spoke of a mysterious horse carriage that would ride through town during stormy nights, making its way to Steenbergen in the west. Some folks even claimed a werewolf roamed the streets at night. However, none of these activities occurred whenever the Flodder was nearby.
A Story From KruislandEdit
The locals of Kruisland weren't very fond of the sober people from up north, and as such they weren't very welcoming towards the regional patroller who had up before then never heard of the Flodder. In a tavern they led him on to accept their challenge and catch the darn beast. In his drunken stupor he accepted. Equipped with a gun he went out to hunt the Flodder one night by the side of a ditch, when he heard a rustling behind him. When he turned around it was already too late as the Flodder latched onto his back and pressed on his shoulders. For hours he battled the weight, but his body could not withstand it and he started leaning towards the water. The gun slipped from his fingers and into the water, as he eventually grabbed onto the banks to keep himself from falling in. The weight kept on pressing him down however, until his face touched the surface of the muddy water and it was too late for him to let out a scream. The next day he was found dead with his hands on the banks and his face pressed in the mud.
- ↑ http://thenecronomicon.wikia.com/wiki/Flodder
- ↑ http://www.meertens.knaw.nl/kaartenbank/kaart/dialectkaart.html?id=26551
- ↑ http://www.verhalenbank.nl/items/show/13514
- ↑ https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flodder_%28mythisch_wezen%29
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20090909095924/http://mysterieusgoereeoverflakkee.wordpress.com/
- ↑ http://www.abedeverteller.nl/van-aardmannetje-tot-zwarte-juffer-een-lijst-van-nederlandse-en-vlaamse-elfen-en-geesten/
- ↑ http://www.verhalenbank.nl/items/show/46702
- ↑ Jacques R.W. Sinninghe: Nederlands Sagenboek